A COMPACT guide to the prettiest places in copenhagen
"IN COPENHAGEN, WE ALL RIDE BICYCLES EVERYWHERE, PARTLY BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PARK A CAR, BUT ALSO BECAUSE YOU CAN CROSS THE CITY IN 20 MINUTES ON A BIKE."
10 HOTSPOTS YOU MUST SEE
- Wildersgade - for colourful old townhouses from 18/19th century. Check Sankt Annæ 8.
- Overgaden neden Vandet - a beautiful canal with characteristic colourful houses and boats.
- Nyhavn - the iconic sight of the capital. All about colours, architecture and relax.
- Hay House - climb up and check the views of Amagertorv.
- Rundetårn - Round Tower - one of the best views of the city.
- Botanisk Have - a museum of living plants. The staircases and the views from the balconies are a must-see!
- Jægersborggade - street for the creative-minded, full of independent shops, cafes and makers.
- Olufsvej - an alley with pretty colourful houses and bikes.
- Gråbrødretorv - one of the most charming squares.
- Magstræde - the oldest street in Copenhagen, not to be missed.
COFFEE SHOPS YOU MUST VISIT
- Atelier September - ahh, love this one! High ceilings, large windows, beautiful interior and seriously good food and coffee.
- Café Paludan - café in a bookshop right next to the Round Tower. Lovely interior details, great brunch options.
- Copenhagen Coffee Lab - specialty coffee, a micro roastery.
- Café Det Vide Hus - cute cosy breakfast place.